Positions Available by Region:
Full-time, Temporary (12 months term)
$35,000 – $38,000 a year
This is a full time temporary (12 months term) position.
ImagineAbility Inc. is a non-profit agency supporting people with intellectual disabilities through leisure, social, and volunteer experiences. We aim to provide the best care and necessary resources for the people we support in order to discover their potential, enhance their experiences, and expand their knowledge, all with the aim of increasing the quality of their lives.
We are currently seeking Assistant Manager in our Community Leisure / Supported Employment services.
Reporting to the Manager of Community Services, this position will be responsible for the daily supervisionof the service we provide, thegrowth and development of our service usersand the professional growth of the employees, and evolving and implementing the services for both Community Leisure and Supported Employment.
MAJOR DUTIES ON TOP OF DSP DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To support all staff in the day to day operations.
2. To ensure all transitions run in a smooth and timely manner throughout the day.
3. To complete assigned daily office tasks with accuracy.
4. To be a support and/or step in to deal with critical situations.
5. To be a liason between care providers/agencies/Family Services and attend all meetingsas agreed upon with themanager.
6. To be accessible for staff for searchingnecessaryresources and tools.
7. To learn and understand all aspects of manager duties and office tasks.
8. To grow and challenge her/himself to be a role model and leader of the team.
- Leadership skills.
- Conflict resolution, anger management, positive learning techniques.
- Teaching/advocating of personal development for people we support.
- Great organization skills to balance tasks and support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Leading and motivating a group of peopleand staff.
- Showing respect in dealing with all employees and people we support.
- Problem solving in a high pressure situation.
- Attending to the personal needs of a member of the group when required.
- Recognizing potential dangerous situations and taking appropriate actions.
- Decision making in a fast paced environment.
- Following direction of the manager as well as taking initiatives.
Knowledge and certification:
- Post-secondary education and prior experience related to human support services.
- Managerial experience an asset.