Positions Available by Region:
Epic Opportunies is currently seeking a highly movated person who is commied to the Vision and Mission of the organizaon and who demonstrates our Values. This leadership opportunity will inspire someone who is looking to challenge themselves and empower people to live full and meaningful lives.
The Epic at Home service stream provides residenal supports to people focusing on; the parcipaon in and contribuon to community events and social occasions; developing personal networks for people supported and connect with other community members; accessing resources for peoples skill development, and focusing on each person’s emoonal, physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
The Senior Manager is responsible to provide overall leadership to our Disability Support Worker team in our Epic at Home service stream. This posion includes ensuring outcome oriented, person centred services for people served by Epic Opportunies. They monitor and evaluate the achievement of these outcomes and provide coaching and mentorship to the staﬃng team. Speciﬁc responsibilies include but are not limited to hiring, providing orientaon, training, and performance management. In addion to these leadership requirements the Senior Manager also performs administrave dues such as scheduling, payroll, budgeng, and other ﬁnancial responsibilies and is required to be on call Monday to Friday.
- The successful candidate for this posion will have the following qualiﬁcaons:
Degree in Social Sciences and/or Disability and Community Support Diploma is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to assist vulnerable people in achieving personal outcomes
- Previous experience in a leadership or supervisory posion related to services for persons with an intellectual disability.
- Demonstrated commitment to community living.
- Other combinaons of educaon and experience will be considered. Excellent wrien and oral communicaon skills, with the ability to listen, understand, problem solve and respond to various situaons.
- A current Manitoba Driver’s licence and use of personal vehicle (required).
- Current First Aid cerﬁcaon.
- Salary $33,280 – $41,475 per annum, depending on qualiﬁcaons & experience.
- The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry check upon hire at their own expense. To reduce wait mes on employment, we suggest that all applicants apply ahead of me. Please be aware that obtaining these documents does not guarantee employment.
EPIC is having the opportunity to be more than an employee. If you are interested in this leadership opportunity send your resume with cover leer, outlining why you are the next EPIC employee and how you meet the job qualiﬁcaons and requirements, to Human Resources, 200-1600 Ness Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3J 3W7, Fax (204) 560-2829 or email email@example.com. This posion will remain open unl a successful candidate has been selected.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those idenﬁed for further consideraon will be contacted.
Please visit www.epicmb.ca for a complete job descripon and details on how to apply for this posion.
Description of the field:
The supports/services that member agencies of Abilities Manitoba provide facilitate daily life of individuals with intellectual disabilities in their communities. Supports are provided in the homes of individuals, their work places and where they participate in recreational, educational and spiritual pursuits. Agencies vary in how they provide supports; some are facility based, some are community based and many agencies use a variety of ways and settings to provide supports. Agencies use person centred plans to determine the services which best meet the individuals needs.
If you believe that all people have equal value then working for people with intellectual disabilities provides an opportunity to live this value everyday. You can walk alongside people in their everyday and explore how and where they too can make a difference in the community.
Abilities Manitoba member agencies frequently have vacant staff positions. The high demand for new services to people means that we are always looking for staff. There are opportunities in many communities throughout Manitoba. Feel free to refer to our agency directory for an agency in your area.
The benefits of working in this field include:
- Rewarding work – assisting others to succeed by achieving their goals is a unique opportunity with many rewards.
- Social aspect – you get to carry out your work in the community where you live, accessing resources, meeting new people and making connections.
- Flexible hours – supports for individuals with intellectual disabilities happen at all hours of day and night. Whether you are a student, single parent, parent returning to work, a graduate entering the workforce, a retiree or anyone else, there are likely hours available that will fit your life.
- Variety of work – this field allows people the opportunity to work in a variety of settings and with a variety of job tasks. Each day can be different; one day you could be cooking a meal with someone and another day you could be alongside someone as they get their first paycheck.
- Diversity in the workplace – there is opportunity to work alongside coworkers from various lifestyles, cultures and experiences.
- Opportunities to develop skills and learn everyday – there are opportunities to learn from individuals with intellectual disabilities and coworkers. Agencies also provide options for staff to upgrade education and participate in training related to the job.
- Job stability – the human services field will always have a demand for workers even in today’s labour market where there is typically little job security.