Quality Framework for Community Living DisABILITY Services
Community Consultation Plan
In October 2017, the Department of Families and Abilities Manitoba entered into a partnership to improve how we understand and measure quality of life and the services provided by Community Living DisABILITY Service (CLDS) funded agencies. To help with the development of a quality framework, we asked the following questions:
- What does a good life look like? What outcomes are present when people with disabilities (or any of us) are living a good life?
- How do we know when people are living a good life? How do we measure or discover this in a consistent way?
- What do we need to do to support people to live a good life? What standards need to be met to ensure this is the case?
- What tools will help service providers improve their services or help people in the best way possible? How do we continue to build capacity and encourage growth for all service providers?
In the winter of 2018, we visited communities throughout the Province to gather perspectives on these questions. At that time, we promised to return to these communities to share what we learned and how we hope to move forward together. We are doing this in June!
Want to learn more?
- Attend a presentation near where you live. We will be visiting seven different areas of the Province to share our results with people receiving services, their families and service providers. Locations and dates of sessions are here: Schedule of Quality Framework Presentations . Registration is free at abilitiesmanitoba.org/events . Just click on the date and presentation that’s right for you!
- Read the final report. A report on what we learned and how we hope to move forward is available by following the following link: Quality Framework Final Report
- Review and comment on the Leading Practice Guidelines. You can read the draft Leading Practice Guidelines and provide input at the following link: Leading Practice Guidelines
Need help to register? Require ASL translation or other accommodations? Call Leanne at 204-791-9319 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Registrations will be taken until the maximum number of participants for each presentation has been reached. If your plans change and you are no longer able to make the meeting, please let us know so that others wishing to attend can be notified.